- LPF Partners
- About the LPF
- LP/AP Certification
- LPF Membership
- LPF STORE
LPC,Exam,LPCertified(LPC),LP Certified, LPF certification,lp professional certification
|LPC/LPQ Exam Logistics|
1) IDENTIFY AN EXAM FACILITY LOCATIONFOR YOU
Before you do anything, be sure to locate an exam facility near you. Our exam partner, CIW|PearsonVUE, has over 6000 exam locations worldwide, including almost 1400 in the US. Chances are there is an exam center within a reasonable distance from where you live. To locate and identify an exam center near you, please click on the link below: (This will open a new webpage on the CIW|PearsonVUE website. Bookmark this page in your web browser as you will be returning to this web page frequently.)
CIW|PearsonVUE Exam Sites (or Test Centers)
2) REVIEW QUALIFICATIONS
Next, know what exam you are eligible to sit for.
Exam applicants will study, pay for, and test in vain, if they do not meet credential requirements. It is possible to pass the exam, but not receive the LPQ or LPC credential. Save time and money, please review.
Additional Requirements for International Examinees:
Prep course (LPQ or LPC) is required to sit for the (LPQ or LPC exam).
International Disclaimer: https://www.yourlpf.org/resource/resmgr/___pdfs/international/1LPF-InternationalDisclaimer.pdf
3) CERTIFY YOUR ELIGIBILITY TO SIT FOR YOUR EXAM
Everyone must first certify with the LPF they have read, understood, and meet our qualifications before scheduling, paying, and doing “any other exam related” activity.
How? Simply click the link below and complete our LPF Qualify for Examination form.
IMPORTANT: Create your www.YourLPF.org profile
WWW.YOURLPF.ORG is for all who have any routine interaction with the LPF. It has LP/AP contacts, our committee forums, the LPF membership portal, LPQ/LPC course/exam study groups, LPF local chapter collaboration sites, LPQ and LPC credential holder groups, private- corporate groups, academic groups, hiring/network groups,” Course, Exam, & Recert Store”, as well as qualification forms.
Do You Already Have a “YourLPF” Sign-In?
(YourLPF Website: http://www.yourlpf.org/ ) 8
(Membership Benefits: https://www.yourlpf.org/page/lpf_benefits)
1) UTILIZE CIW/PearsonVUE EXAM INFORMATION CENTER
LPF has created an Exam Information Center with our partners, CIW|PearsonVUE. This exam info center has numerous resources and all the links you need to accomplish the next steps!
Our LPF Exam Handbook, is recommended. It fully, details all steps including ones you need to navigate our exam partners’ website and signup process.
*When on our partner’s website, you may be asked to select a category type and program. First use “Employment, HR, Management & Safety” and then use “Loss Prevention Foundation (LPQ, LPC)”
2) CREATE A CIW|PearsonVUE EXAM WEB ACCOUNT
Next you must create a CIW|PearsonVUE Exam web account. You will need to enter your personal information, a valid email address, and a web account username for sign-on. Please enter your full, LEGAL name and double check that your email is correct. (All e-mail-based user names are case-sensitive, so be careful when you establish your user name/i.d.)
· Remember your CIW|PearsonVUE web account username and password as you’ll need that at the exam center! Upon successfully, creating your web account, you will receive an email from CIW|PearsonVUE with your password.
3) SCHEDULE AND PAY EXAM PARTNER
Once you have successfully created your CIW|PearsonVUE web account, please sign-on to locate, schedule and pay for your exam.
4) Security Measures:
• As part of our ongoing commitment to ensure the integrity and value of our certification program, the LPF has authorized the use of new advanced security measures in all of our Authorized CIW/PearsonVUE Exam Centers. These include a digital photo and digital signature during check-in.
• The information is retained should any identity or examinee be called into question with regards to their certification.
**EXAM RESCHEDULING must be done no later than 48 hours in advance of your exam, using your CIW|PearsonVUE web account. Last minute cancellations are not refunded.
1) BRING TO THE EXAM
Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled exam time and allow 2 hours for the 100-question exam (LPQ) and 3 hours for the 200 question exam (LPC).
• Bring photo identification with you. IF YOU FORGET TO BRING A VALID PHOTO ID YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY, NO EXCEPTIONS. (Most exam centers only accept a driver’s license, passport or military ID card.)
• Applicants are allowed to use a “4 function calculator”. In the event you do not have one, the examination software has a built-in calculator on the screen. You just have to click the button and use it. Cell phones are not permitted to be used as calculators.
• For those taking examinations at U.S. locations, you need to bring your exam id. This was the 9-digit number that was given to you at the time of LPF exam registration.
2) AFTER THE EXAM:
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY SCORE?
Your exam results will be reported to you immediately upon submission of the exam answers to the exam proctor. The result will be displayed on the exam center’s computer screen as either, “You have passed your LPQ/LPC Exam.” or “You have not passed your LPQ/LPC exam.”
HOW IS THE LPQ/LPC EXAM SCORED?
Your results will be based on the number of items that are answered correctly. There is no penalty for guessing.
HOW IS THE PASSING SCORE DETERMINED?
The Loss Prevention Foundation Exam Committee, an industry panel of subject matter experts who are representative of the loss prevention profession and of academia, has established the passing score for the LPQ/LPC exam.
These experts reviewed each exam question, evaluated the difficulty of the question, and made an assessment as to how a professional with fundamental competence would perform on each question. These assessments were then statistically analyzed to determine the passing score. This process was conducted under the supervision of Knapp & Associates International.
Your results are based on whether you meet or exceed the passing score as determined by the committee. Any and all disputed results are resolved by the LPF, exclusively. To take the exam is to agree to this condition.
WHAT INFORMATION WILL BE SENT TO ME ABOUT MY SCORE?
Since you only know at the exam center whether you passed or failed, more information will be mailed to you.
If you passed your exam, within 30 days, you will receive in the mail, a certification document, worthy of framing, as well as a congratulatory letter. You will also find your name listed on our web site under the LPQ Qualified professionals or under the LPC Certified professionals depending.
If you did not pass the examination, you will be sent your exact score along with a diagnostic report that shows how well you performed in each of the major categories. The diagnostic information is to assist you prepare for the next examination.
WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER I PASS?
Since your official result is given to you, at the exam center, you can begin to use your credential immediately. Post it on your signature block, on your business cards, in your LinkedIn profile, or on your resume, etc. However, the LPF will typically take about 5 to 10 business days to post the validated official result, on our website.
You will also get your certificate and official letter, after your result is validated.
1) FAILURE & RETESTING
If someone fails the LPQualified/LPCertified exam, they will be permitted to retest. In order to retest, there are some rules.
1) You must schedule and pay for your exam, on the CIW/PearsonVUE website. The LPF will not accept direct payment at the LPF Store for a retest.
2) The cost is the same as your first exam. $250 for the LPQ and $300 for the LPC.
3) You must WAIT 30 days after your previous attempt, to have your score counted. This is an absolute inviolate rule. So, don’t spend the money on an exam that wont count. When in doubt, make sure its 32 or 35 days after your previous attempt.
4) If you fail your exam and you don’t have enough access time on your course to study, the LPF will automatically grant you another 30 days, free of charge, to access your course and study. Study hard, this is the ONLY extension you will be eligible for.
IF you tried to sit for the exam without paying for and taking course, and you fail: The LPQ/ LPC courseware must be purchased prior to a retest.
· 1st retest has a waiting period of 30 days from the date of the 1st failed exam but must be complete within 60 days from the 1st exam date
· 2nd retest has a waiting period of 30 days from the date of the 2nd failed exam but must be completed within 90 days from the date of the 1st retest.
Total time period to complete all retests is 180 days from the 1st exam date.
Maximum time limit on access to course work- 12 months. There are fees associated with extending your course access beyond the free 30days we give you when you fail your first attempt. ALL, non-hardship related extension requests will have a cost. See our pricing guide for more details.
Please contact our office when your retake the exam so we can possibly make arrangements to give you more time to access the course materials at no charge, if your course access is expired.
Contact Us: https://www.yourlpf.org/general/?type=CONTACT
Certification Program; Courses and Exams: Click Here for Program Introduction and Disclaimer. https://www.yourlpf.org/page/course_disclaimer?
View the LPF Store to purchase your LPC Course, LPQ Course, LPF Membership, LPC Recertification, and much more...
Search our Member Directory to find and network with like minded members near and far. More >>
LPF Doctorate and Master Level Partners
Thank you for considering our valued partners.